-
March 10th, 2003, 10:25 PM
#21
Inactive Member
::skims through posts in this topic::
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are a boy and you love Kaori Yuki? </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
EHHH? There's a boy on this message board?! A fan of Kaori Yuki? Is that the four horseman of the Apocalypse I hear?! LOL
Welcome to the board Kasai
LOL I tried to get my friend Davey to read some Kaori Yuki from S-C.net, but he goes, "I'm not going anywhere near that yaoi site!" Hehehe...He still has flash backs from when he accidently stumbled upon my Midare Somenishi download and thought it was some kind of Samurai fighting type manga...boy...was he wrong XD
<font color="#660033" size="1">[ March 10, 2003 06:36 PM: Message edited by: Carole Ann ]</font>
-
March 10th, 2003, 10:31 PM
#22
Inactive Member
Well I'll be damned [img]tongue.gif[/img] I guess I'm NOT the only guy here. Nice. But from the looks of it I should really keep reading AS [img]tongue.gif[/img] Though I'm not quite sure how good the scanlations I have are. *sigh* It's kinda bad that from what I can tell, most shoujo type manga never make it to the US and anything shounen ai doesn't stand a chance. The big thing that's always being promoted in comic stores here is stuff like Shounen jump (DBZ and a few other manga, though Yu Gi Oh isn't bad, but the translations are highly censored as usual). Ah well, at least I know one place to get good scanlated manga [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-Reikou
-
March 11th, 2003, 02:19 AM
#23
Inactive Member
Believe it or not, Tokyopop's going to be releasing the Gravitation manga and Right Stuff's going to be releasing the anime. ^__^
And although it doesn't get much publicity, I think Media Blasters was responsible for releasing both Fake and Earthian here (although Earthian doesn't really count considering the entire 'shounen ai' content was one bedroom scene tossed into the OVAs because the author never actually bothered finishing the manga... ^^;;; [img]wink.gif[/img]
Of course, it'll be a cold day in hell before anybody mainstream in this country picks up something like Midare or Zetsuai... ^_~ I wouldn't entirely put it past Media Blasters' H department (Kitty) though... I've seen some of Kitty's other titles on the shelves at our local (and generally incredibly cool) anime rental store, and all I can say is (sweatdrop) from my understanding at least Zetsuai contains some semblance of a plot. Haven't seen it, just like I haven't seen the aimed-at-guys H stuff Kitty releases, but from the back covers, it seems like most of the H genre is "plot? what plot?" so they wouldn't be taking a step down the ladder by any stretch of the imagination... ^^;;
-
March 11th, 2003, 02:41 AM
#24
Inactive Member
Believe it or not I was working with a group who was going to fandub gravitation for fun until we found out TRSI had the liscence [img]tongue.gif[/img] I've seen every ep of Gravitation and the ungodly funny OVA [img]tongue.gif[/img] And FAKE, well, lets just say best-open-mouth-kiss-ever!! But thanks for the heads up about the manga [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll be sure to get it when it's out. Though recently I'm less than thrilled with Tokyo pop considering the whole Initial D 'situation'. They felt the need to go in and change all the names and the awesome eurobeat music. All I can say is I hope they at least don't touch the subbed version on the DVDs. I'm gonna murder them if they change the music for the japanese track.
-Reikou
-
March 11th, 2003, 11:59 AM
#25
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Shia:
^^ talking about confusion... I assumed that kurai was a girl right from the start</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
yes.. as i saw her the first time i thought, that she's a girl, too.. but after the "jumping scene" i was a little bit confused, because Setsuna says something about not being gay and that Kurai shouldn't do things like that (can't remember the right dialog)
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Shia:
also asumed mad hatter to be female the very first time I saw her ^^;</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
definitively.. as i saw her, i was 100% sure that she's female... a friend of mine was a bit disappointed "the first real evil demon and it's a woman" lol..
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yue:
I had a big looong discution with my brother to know if Rociel was a boy or a girl. Finaly I had to print up pages of chest-nake Rociel to prove it but then he just said that she as -very- flat ^^;;
And after 4 books I think I finally understood that gender and psecies didn't mattter anymore so I gaveup trying to decides wheter they were boys or girsl, the story is good anyway ^^
</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't know why, but i never had the idea that Rociel could be female.. i ever thought he's male..
After reading book 3 or 4 i was able to analyze correct which gender they have, at least i think so ^^
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Carolle Ann:
Welcome to the board Kasai</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
thank you ^^
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Carolle Ann:
LOL I tried to get my friend Davey to read some Kaori Yuki from S-C.net, but he goes, "I'm not going anywhere near that yaoi site!" Hehehe...He still has flash backs from when he accidently stumbled upon my Midare Somenishi download and thought it was some kind of Samurai fighting type manga...boy...was he wrong XD</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
lol.. poor friend... *imagining the face he made as he "discovered" the first sex scene* heh..
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reikou Hitakana:
I guess I'm NOT the only guy here.
</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
i thought i'm the only one after reading "what you're boy" heh... but good to know that i'm not the only one
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reikou Hitakana:
It's kinda bad that from what I can tell, most shoujo type manga never make it to the US and anything shounen ai doesn't stand a chance. The big thing that's always being promoted in comic stores here is stuff like Shounen jump (DBZ and a few other manga, though Yu Gi Oh isn't bad, but the translations are highly censored as usual). Ah well, at least I know one place to get good scanlated manga</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
the german manga market is flooded by new manga series each month. we got a monthly shounen manga-anthologie, a short while ago the monthly shoujo manga-anthologie followed, and also there are a whole string of shounen-ai manga.. such things as zetsuai, bronze, new york new york, fake and so on.. i can't really remember.. i haven't bought one of them yet..
if i read your statement it seems that our situation in germany seems to be better o.O .. i can't really believe that-
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Risu-chan:
Believe it or not, Tokyopop's going to be releasing the Gravitation manga</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
to add some news for the german speaking fans (maybe you didn't know yet) carlsen is going to release gravitation in the next months too..
-
March 11th, 2003, 11:11 PM
#26
Inactive Member
Oh yeah, the german situation as far as manga/anime is MUCH better. I envy you guys and the dubs you have. If you saw what happens to most TV anime dubs your jaw would hit the floor. All 4 digimon series were violently edited to pieces, all the music was completelty redone into american pop type music. Same thing with DBZ (though I hate the series). They felt that even leaving Mr. Satan's name the same was too much for american audiences so they renamed him hercule. Furthermore, most anime on TV doesn't make it to DVD and a lot of time if it does, it's either english only, or an english and a spanish track.
Basically what it comes down to is a lot of american anime and manga gets censored to parents don't get upset and the liscencing companys can make a big profit off of material made for an older audience by marketing it to younger people.
-Reikou
-
March 12th, 2003, 03:46 AM
#27
Inactive Member
And Jesus H. Christ, don't even get me started on the pathetic and sickening hack job that was performed on both Escaflowne and Card Captor Sakura by Fox Kids...
or on the fact that Cartoon Network is going to be showing "Samurai X" (Rurouni Kenshin) in the heavily-censored afternoon block...
I point-blank refuse to watch any of the abovementioned in their dubbed forms, between the "editing = have at it with a cleaver and reinvent it to sell toys" and "of course you can't have a female protagonist let's make the series about Shaoran" and "that whole plot thing is irrelevant, who needs a dragon anyway, and blood, we've got to erase all the blood" and "Hi, my name's Kenny but you can call me Samurai X, and I talk like Daffy Duck with brain damage, yessiree I do" ... oh wait I said I wasn't going to get started. Too late... >.<
Okay, my last word on the subject of American television handling of anime:
grrrrrrrrrrr....
off to bed now... @_@
-
March 12th, 2003, 10:17 AM
#28
Inactive Member
...0_o;;....He really talks like that? I saw commercials for it but I've never heard his voice. Can't say I'm surprised...don't know where the hell they get these voice actors from. Although Cartoon Network is really the only channel I watch (cartoon lover!), I don't watch their anime since it sucks.
-
March 12th, 2003, 12:43 PM
#29
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Reikou Hitakana:
Oh yeah, the german situation as far as manga/anime is MUCH better. I envy you guys and the dubs you have. If you saw what happens to most TV anime dubs your jaw would hit the floor.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
our dubs are not better than yours i think. most of the time the voice actors does not fit the character, and often you can recognize the voice actors... they are doing too many series...
i don't know why.. propably with intent of the dvd publisher... but even if the male character voice actors are great the female voice actors aren't any good... childish, squeaky voices even for serious, older characters. [img]frown.gif[/img]
-
March 12th, 2003, 01:51 PM
#30
HB Forum Owner
Carole - Oh my gosh, did we just scare off a potential boy visitor to this site with Midare? X___X That is hilarious! (That's what the darn "WARNING WARNING" things all over every yaoi scanlation are for...) Er um...let him read Macross 7 or something...Sakura says it's got Yuri in it. ~.^
Although I have a male friend who visited the site for Kaori Yuki stuff and was um...fascinated by the sex scenes in Love Master. ... He read it in a public library too. Oh dear.
As for Cartoon Network dubbing....*bleeeehhhhh* I watched the "Midnight Run" thing when I went to visit the U.S. for my cousin's wedding a few years ago. How the heck do they even plan to show Kenshin (er...Samurai X) there? It's got blood, gore, guts, etc. spilling out left and right. (or so I hear. Never seen it myself) O___O
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks